When taking on or operating a licensed business, there are a number of insurances that you will need in place to make sure you are adequately covered.

Please call 01432 378696 and we can put you in contact with specialist brokers, who will be able to source you the right cover, for the right price, including:

  • Pub Insurance
  • Hotel Insurance
  • Restaurant Insurance
  • Bed & Breakfast / Guest House Insurance
  • Cafe Insurance
  • Nightclub Insurance

  • Insurance for pubs, hotels, restaurants and other licenced businesses

    Licensed businesses carry their own unique risks for everyone involved, from staff to customers, and even neighbouring premises, and require insurance that is tailored to meet their specific requirements. Insurance protects your livelihood against unforeseen events such as fire, theft, storm, flood or accidental damage, giving you peace of mind to focus on running your business.

    Liability Insurance

    Public liability insurance can protect your customers against slips, trips or falls, and even food poisoning. Unfortunately, accidents do happen.

    Similarly, if you employ staff within your business, it is important to ensure their well being at work and protect yourself against accidents or injury. Employers' liability, public liability and products liability insurance are typically built into an insurance policy to cover these unforeseen events ensuring you have the protection you need.

    Buildings Insurance and Contents Cover

    If you rent or own the premises, then you may also need to protect your contents and buildings against fires, floods, storms and subsidence. All of your equipment will need to be covered, from kitchen equipment to bar stools. Operators frequently occupy accommodation within the same premises, or even employ a resident manager and personal contents insurance should be taken into account as well as the business belongings to ensure you have all the insurance cover you need to protect you.

    You may even wish to consider adding loss of money insurance to your pub policy to protect your business if money is stolen or lost.

    Business Interruption Insurance

    Your insurance policy can include business interruption cover to protect your profit, fixed expenses and staff wages, should you suffer damage or interruptions at your premises meaning you are unable to trade.

    Loss of Licence Insurance

    Loss of Licence Insurance can offer protection following the suspension, withdrawal or forfeiture of your Premises Licence due to licensing regulations or refusal to renew by the Licensing Authority. It could cover you for both loss of profit and other expenses reasonably incurred to maintain your gross profit.